Outstanding Music Educator
The North Central District will present three awards each year in the following categories with the following level qualifications:
- Outstanding Elementary Music Educator- Grades K-6
- Outstanding Middle Level Music Educator- Grades 6-8
- Outstanding High School Level Music Educator- Grades 9-12
Qualifications for nominee are:
- Must have been in teaching for at least eight years.
- Must be currently teaching in the level for which they are nominated.
- Must be a member of KMEA and teaching in the North Central District.
- Program must have shown improvement and/or consistency.
The nomination process is as follows:
- Teachers, administrators, and/or parents may nominate a music teacher.
- Nomination submissions will be made on the Nomination Form. Nominations can be sent to any member of the
Selection Committee consisting of the current North Central District President, President-Elect, and Vice-President (Immediate Past President).
The Selection Committee members will not be eligible for these awards during their tenure as officers.
- Nominees will be contacted to send in a resume, a letter stating his/her philosophy of music education, and a picture (preferably black and white).
- The Selection Committee will review the nominations and will select one teacher in each category as North Central District Outstanding Teacher. Outstanding Teachers at each level will have their information forwarded to the State Level for listing in the Kansas Music Review and to be in consideration for the State Outstanding Music Educator of the Year.
- Nominations are due by September 1st of each year.