High School Jazz Band
NCKMEA November Mini-Convention will be held at Junction City HS.
Craig Treinen, Washburn University
Sep. 6 - Directors may start uploading recordings to the Festival Scores
Sep. 30 - Recorded auditions must be uploaded by 11:59:59 PM on this date. Late entries are not possible.
Oct. 1 - Judging begins
Oct. 10 - Judging completed
Oct. 12 - Roster posted no earlier than this date
Oct. 29 - All fees due (audition & participation)
Nov. 6 - HS Jazz Band clinic & performance at Junction City HS
Excerpts may be downloaded from the KMEA website.
KMEA Jazz Excerpts
Auditions will be submitted through Festival Scores in mp3 format.
The chromatic scale (horns only) and each etude will be a separate mp3 recording submission.
There will be no sight reading due to use of the Festival Scores system. Follow the link to Festival Scores and set up a Director account.
Record the following mp3 files for each audition:
- Full Range Chromatic Scale
- Etude 1 - Take The A Train
- Etude 2 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow + opt Lead Trumpet/Bass Trombone
- Etude 3 - Blue Bossa with play along track + Opt. Improv
- Etude 1 - Take the A Train
- Etude 2 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Etude 3 - Blue Bossa+Play Along Track+Optional Improv
- Excerpt # 1 - Take the A Train - Drums/No Backing Track
- Excerpt # 2 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Drums/No Backing Track
- Excerpt # 3 - Blue Bossa - Drums/No Backing Track
- Excerpt # 4 - Funk/Rock Demonstration - Drums/No Backing Track
Festival Scores - Audition Event Tags
Directors, you will need to activate the following Event Tags in your
in order to upload audition entries.
|Drum Set Auditions ||KZYPYNL|