High School Jazz Band
For 2020-21, the NCKMEA HS Jazz Band will transition to recorded auditions using the
audition management system.
Directors who have not already done so may create their accounts in the Festival Scores system and set up student profiles.
Excerpts & mp3 Files
|Sep. 1||Directors may start uploading recordings to the Festival Scores website.|
|Sep. 22||Recorded auditions must be uploaded by 11:59:59 PM on this date. Late entries are not possible.|
|Sep. 24||Judging begins|
|Oct. 1||Judging must be completed by this date.|
|Oct. 3||Roster will be posted onto the NC website no earlier than this date.|
|Oct. 30||All fees due (audition & participation)|
|Nov. 7||HS Jazz Band performance at Junction City High School|
Refer to the 2021-21 Excerpts page for a detailed list of music requirements. Prepare audition recordings as follows:
- mp3 file 1 - Chromatic Scale
- mp3 file 2 - Unit 7 - Melody one time through
- mp3 file 3 - Work Song - Play Melody twice through/ option of playing a solo for two more choruses. Optional Lead Trumpet/Bass Bone part - one octave scale and written part.
- mp3 file 1 - Unit 7 - Follow directions provided
- mp3 file 2 - Work Song - Follow directions provided
- mp3 file 1 - Basie Straight Ahead Excerpt
- mp3 file 2 - I'll Never Smile Again Excerpt
- mp3 file 3 - Rio Rhythm Excerpt
- mp3 file 4 - Fall Leaves Excerpt
- mp3 file 5 - Voyage Home Excerpt
Festival Scores - Audition Event Tags
Directors, you will need to activate the following Event Tags in your
in order to upload audition entries.
|Drum Set Auditions ||G2CMKJV|